Crime Victim's Advocate I - Bilingual (Spanish)Nassau County District Attorney's Office - Mineola, NY
posted 30+ days ago
***THESE ARE CIVIL SERVICE POSITIONS. ALL APPOINTEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE AND PASS AN EXAMINATION AND BE REACHABLE BEFORE ATTAINING PERMANENT STATUS.***
MUST BE A NASSAU COUNTY RESIDENT FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS TO BE ELIGIBLE
- Provides information about the criminal justice system, answers questions about criminal case process and accompanies victims and witnesses to appearances in court and the District Attorney's Office.
- Provides victims and/or witnesses with informational written material and brochures explaining their rights.
- Assists with arranging transportation and in completion of forms required for reimbursement of salary, transportation, and other entitlements for victims and witnesses, including the filing of compensation claims with New York State Office of Victim Services.
- Provides information, referrals and linkages to community supports and services.
- Performs above-described duties in Spanish and English, as required.
Associate's degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university
Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English