Court Aide, Intake and Assessment BureauQueens District Attorneyâs Office Non-Legal positions - Queens, NY
posted 30+ days ago
The Office of the Queens County District Attorney is seeking applicants for a Court Aide to help support its Intake and Assessment Bureau. The Court Aide will be responsible for a variety of clerical duties including, but not limited to:
Preferred Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Physically transporting case files to court.
- Physically serving documents to both the courthouse and defense counsel located on Queens Blvd.
- Managing Desk Appearance Ticket (DAT) calendars.
- Providing occasional phone coverage and back-up to other support staff, as required.
Qualified candidates will have at least a high school diploma (or its educational equivalent) and must have the ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and be able to lift and transport up to 30 pounds of documents. Must have working knowledge of computers and email. Applicants must be able to regularly work Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 , however, in some instances schedule changes and/or overtime may be required to complete certain tasks.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with prior clerical experience, including experience with data entry into computerized systems, handling documents of sensitive nature (filing, delivering, scanning, etc.), or the ability to fluently speak and/or write in Spanish.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K and more. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Office of the Queens County District Attorney is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the diversity of our organization and workforce.
- As of August 2, 2021, all newly hired employees must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with QDA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by this office.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter, by clicking on the link below: